Work abroad visa

Work abroad visa

Work Permit: There are 2 types of work permits you can apply, Open Work Permit and Employer specific work permit. Regardless of which type of work permit you apply for or where you apply, you must have to satisfy few conditions as below:

  • You must satisfy the officer, that will leave Canada at the expiry of your work permit.
  • You should have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home.
  • You have no record of criminal activity (police clearance certificate may be required)
  • Medical exam may be required.

An employer-specific work permit: You can work only with that particular employer mentioned on your permit stating also how long you can work and the location where you can work. Your Employer must get an approved LMIA in order to hire you as a Temporary Foreign Worker before offering you this job.

Your Employer must give you either a copy of LMIA or an offer of employment number, in order for you to apply for Work Permit.


An open work permit: You can work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer with the status ‘ineligible’ on the list of employers and who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages.

You may apply for an open work permit if you:

  • Have already an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused at your work
  • Are an international student who have graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
  • Are a student who can’t meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
  • Applied for PR in Canada
  • Are a temporary resident permit holder
  • Are under an unenforceable removal order
  • Are a dependent family member of someone who applied for PR
  • Are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
  • Are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
  • Are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member


For more details, or specific enquiries related to your case, please proceed to book a consultation or fill up the assessment form in order for us to evaluate and get back to you. We would be happy to serve you.